Digital engagement is at the core of the PPC marketing campaigns from our team of experts; it’s something we pride ourselves on for all of our clients.
So how do you carry digital engagement across to your employees during the Covid -19 lockdown?
The isolation caused by the current situation can harm the mental wellbeing of your team, and there is certainly no shortage of advice on how workers can keep themselves mentally and physically primed as we wait for lockdown restrictions to lift.
But what more can employers do to keep their staff connected during the unprecedented situation of mass work-from-home across the UK?
ActiveWin had already put a team in place who are responsible for on-going staff engagement. Led by Human Resources, the group is tasked with creative and fun activities to foster team bonding between all departments and staff.
This prepped us well when 100% of the staff began working safely from home during the Covid-19 lockdown. The question became, how do we replicate that same employee engagement with remote workers? A series of interactive ideas were launched via Slack, Facebook, Zoom, Google Hangouts, and other channels to keep the team in touch on a social basis.
A few of the activities from the team include:
- Rate-My-Plate channel on our Slack channel to encourage members to share their cooking/baking skills and also to share tips and recipes.
- Daily game/activity like-
- “Guess the Baby Pic” – Guess which of your colleagues the baby picture is of
- “Guess the Bookshelf” – Guess which of your colleagues’ the bookshelf belongs to
- “Who Am I?” – Guess which of your colleagues based on the three facts provided
- “Scavenger Hunt” – Find the household items and take a funny selfie with them
- “Virtual Bake Off” – Post photos of your bakes and whichever gets the most reactions to win – based on presentation only
- “Post a pic of your favourite mug”
- “Post your best photos taken on your daily exercise or activity”
- “Virtual Pub Crawl” – via Google Hangouts, setting up different “pubs” and encouraging people to try them all out
- “Friday Cheers and Quiz” – takes place on a Friday at 4pm via Zoom or MS Teams
- “Through the keyhole” – Guess which of your colleagues the house belongs to, based on three photos.
- “AW Cribs” – Have a tour of your colleagues’ house
- “Cutest Pet” – Post a photo of your pet, the one with the most reactions wins
- “Guess what the emojis mean” – What place/food/drink are the emoji’s trying to say.
- Easter themed games – “Draw yourself as an egg and show what your plans are for the bank holiday weekend” and “Count the eggs in the picture competition”
- Regular updates from our MD on the state of the business
- A care-package hand-delivered to every employee to show appreciation for them (following social distancing standards, of course)
With Mental Health Awareness Week upon us, the team went to work in creating an infographic aimed at boosting the ‘feel-good’ factor while simultaneously doing the same for co-workers, loved ones, and stranger alike. So here is our suggestions for Random Acts of Kindness, which we hope you will consider too!
Feel free to use this as a guide for your staff or share your ideas with us! Together, we will get through this.